Strong Towns: seeking an America where our local communities are designed to grow stronger in the face of adversity, to be the solid foundation on which our shared prosperity is preserved
The mission of Strong Towns is to support a model of development that allows America’s cities, towns and neighborhoods to become financially strong and resilient.
A Strong Towns approach:
- Relies on small, incremental investments (little bets) instead of large, transformative projects,
- Emphasizes resiliency of result over efficiency of execution,
- Is designed to adapt to feedback,
- Is inspired by bottom/up action (chaotic but smart) and not top/down systems (orderly but dumb),
- Seeks to conduct as much of life as possible at a personal scale, and
- Is obsessive about accounting for its revenues, expenses, assets and long term liabilities (do the math).