MISSION: To promote and advocate livable and sustainable principles and practices in the Tri-City region by bringing stakeholders together to create and maintain a community-wide collaborative effort for improved quality of life for all in our community.
Livable and sustainable Defined: A livable and sustainable Tri-City community is one where local governments including municipalities, counties, ports and special districts partner with educational, community health, business and citizen stakeholders to create a vibrant local community through a long-term policy, planning, and investment strategy that:
- Promotes community health and wellness
- Protects and preserves the unique attributes of our natural environment
- Encourages local enterprise innovation and economic diversity
- Serves the short term and long term needs of local residents
- Promotes stable employment and revenues by building competitive advantage in the global marketplace